Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Most people know their hormones are important, but don’t understand the functions they help support. Proper hormone balance is essential for physical growth, a strong immune system, mood stability, energy, sexual functioning, and reproduction. For example, a man may have difficulty with sexual functioning if his testosterone levels are too low. Likewise, women with an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone may suffer from reproductive complications or menstrual irregularities. It might surprise you to learn that many serious health issues stem from a lack of hormone balance.
How BHRT Helps Improve Specific Health Conditions
While Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can improve your energy levels and your overall well-being, it is also instrumental in reducing symptoms for a variety of different conditions. Even though many of these diseases or disorders have no cure, natural hormone balancing can reduce your suffering. Three common conditions treated with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy include:
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- After men turn forty, testosterone levels begin to decline naturally. As testosterone declines, men often notice a reduction in libido, reduced muscle tone, weight gain, mood swings, fatigue, hair loss, and erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately, men often feel like they have lost their virility, which often results in self-consciousness and anxiety. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may prove helpful for men dealing with androgen imbalances. By supplement testosterone, men can regain libido and improve muscle tone, which offers many mental and quality of life benefits.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause results in the decline of ovarian function in women. This reduces the body’s reserves of progesterone and estrogen, which are both essential for many areas of mental, sexual, and physical health. Some of the common symptoms women experience during menopause include mood swings, hot flashes, insomnia, depression, night sweats, sexual dysfunction, and anxiety. Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can be used to supplement the body with progesterone and estrogen, helping to reduce the symptoms of menopause and reducing the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis.
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction can occur in both men and women, and issues with sexual function or performance often stem from a decline in hormone production that comes with aging. Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can help to reduce problems with sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- The thyroid is responsible for releasing hormones that control the efficiency and speed of the body’s metabolism. Hypothyroidism, which is often referred to as an underactive thyroid, often causes low blood pressure, cold sensitivity, weight gain, and lethargy. Bioidentical Hormones may be used to treat thyroid problems, particularly hypothyroidism, effectively. This treatment may also prove helpful in patients who have been aggressively treated for hyperthyroidism.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
How Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Kentucky Can Help
Patients with chronic health conditions often visit one doctor after another searching for permanent relief of their symptoms. Unfortunately, most traditional medical doctors don’t even consider that a hormone imbalance problem could be the reason behind the illness. This can lead to a misdiagnosis or a series of ineffective treatments. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) gets to the root of the problem.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is an alternative way to achieve hormone balance. Instead of prescription drugs that may contain synthetic and pharmeceutical ingredients, providers in Kentucky choose Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for its natural plant based formula. This is the first thing that is different about this type of hormone treatment. It’s also created for each patient based on his or her specific diagnosis and symptoms. Your doctor’s ongoing participation in your therapy means that he or she can tweak the ingredients, dosage amount, or method of administration to serve you best.
If you struggle with a chronic health condition and feel dissatisfied with your current treatments, contact a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor on our Kentucky BHRT Locator® and schedule your Bioidentical Hormone consultation today.
Find Local Kentucky Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You Today
Center for Integrative and Age-Management Medicine
3703 Taylorsville Rd., Suite 120
Louisville, Kentucky 40220
Gateways to Integral Health
2716 Old Rosebud Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40509